Sunday 11 January 2009

A Demoralising Week..........

This is the first full week of the year 2009 and has not gone well so far.

With Monday the office filling up completely after a long holiday, people were busy reading their previous mails, which kept the work low.
As not much things were happening, I then just thought about go on and surf net about some articles or some current affairs.
Dunno why I went on to read about some bad things which kept me morally down througthoutthe week.

First one I started with was about Chernobyl Disaster. I never knew it really happened so bad, the first of its kind in human history a level 7 instance on the Nuclear Event Scale.400 times more fall out was released than by the nuclear bombing in Hiroshima.
Really the week started on with a very sad thing.
More details can be found in the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster

Then I went onto read about the Darfur Genocide, I have read about this in my brothers blog,so was just tempted to read aboutit. It really disappointing to read that one group wants to eliminate the other on their racial basis.Almost 450,000 people were killed in the span of 2 years.

I thought this must have been the worst ever to happen, but to my shock I realised worst have happened before this in a place called Rwanda.Things happened their was beyond imagination where 850,000 people were killed in just a spanof about 100 days.
Links of Darfur and Rwanda
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

After all this, there came a news about Satyam collapsing in the market by their 5040 Cr Rs forgery in the balance sheet which shocked the entire Indian Corporate industry.

Really dont know where the world is going with all these things as we also continouslyhear on news about the GAZA war between Isreal and Hamas.

I just wish the current recession in all the markets and terrorism and wars vanishes with the year 2008 and the new year 2009 to bring smile and happiness to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment