Saturday 3 January 2009

My New Years Eve

Before I write anything about my experience of New year, first things should come first.

WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

This new year's day a bit strange for me and I will always remember this throughout my life.Simply because this was the first time in all these 24 years I was away from my Mom.The worst part we all 4 from our family were at different locations, me in London, my bhai in US, dad in Pune and Mom in Kerala with Nanny.

I prefer celebrating the 31st December night with my Parents, we always have a good time on that day, watch TV, Mom will cook something special and many a times its always Biryani because I love it (yeah mom always cooks what I like, me n my bhai always fight on this)

Whereas this year I celebrated my new years eve in London.
Ghosh......I have never ever imagined in my life that I would be celebrating new year in London.
But yeah thats true I was at the London Eye watching the Fire Works.

Now the trip to London Eye starts.........

We left office at by 6:30 and went to our appartment which is a nice cozy one.And also checked at the BBC what would be the crowd like (it was expected to be aroundhalf a million wooowwww thats too much) and the temperatures expected (to be around 0 to -2).

We just made a quick ready to make rice had it, took extra precautions for the cold and left.
We got down at the Embarkment station and walked the way till we could find nice view of the London Eye.

Now the best part, because of the crowd and all we were not able to find our way, it was then we heard the chants of 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna', yeah I know its hard to believe but yes, they were people from ISKON chanting (the main guy who was chanting with the microphone was a GORA, yup an angreez) and going forward, so we also joined them chantted with them and reached the place from where we could see the whole London Eye.
The time was just 10 more 2 hours to go, with so much crowd pushing and going forward, we just made sure we are not gonna move.
For next 2 hours we just took few pics of the London Eye and did some gossiping.

At 11:59 the countdown started at all were yelling and screaming.....at 00:00 the fire works atarted and it was really good, I wont say it was fantastic n all,but was descent, it just lasted for 10 or 12 minutes, I was expecting some more to comebut when the people started pushing I realised that the fire works are over.

People started moving and all the road were blocked coz of crowd. But must say the way these people managed the crowd was amazing. By the look of the crowd I thought we will takeanother 2 hours to reach station but to my surprise we reached home back by 2:30

So overall it was a memoriable day but I missed my Mom and Dad a lot as I was not with them on the 31st eve for the first time. Whereas my bhai he never stays at home he will go and roam around with his friends and will come back on the next day or would ask to me to wait to open the doors for him at 3 or 4 in the morning.

This will always be one of the most memoriable night of my Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment