Monday 13 July 2009

A Weekend to Lonavala!!!

Another weekend flew by, and it's Monday again. But the weekend wasn't bad, it was a bit happeningnThough it didn't started the way I wanted to, but still everything fit into place very nicely.

The weekend happened to be long weekend only for me, as I was bedridden, because of some junk food which I had in my office canteen. I had my evening snacks on Thrusday and went home, but during my entire ride my stomach was grumbling. Even after that I went on to go and play badminton. That made me complete sick. It was planned that we would be going to Lonavala on Saturday, and I really didn't wanted to miss the trip. So, I did what I can do best, I didn't go to office on Friday and took a complete rest. Watched an old Malayalam movie in the morning, then went on to read 'Not without my Daughter' (it's an amazing biography about a woman and her daughter who are trying to escape from Iran). Meanwhile Gautam confirmed the timings for Saturday.

Saturday started of really well, though I had an upset stomach but it didn't dampened me. I was on time at the pick up spot, and we began our drive to Lonavala.


The scenic beauty was amazing, all the mountains were lush green, and covered by clouds and it was raining consistently to add on to the beauty of the weather. As we were heading towards the Tiger Waterfall, the fogs became more dense, with just about 5-10 meters visibility, and we were thoroughly enjoying, the music playing in the vehicle was adding some spice to the jovial mood we were in.



As were heading towards the waterfall, we could just hear the music which water was creating but were not able to see the waterfall because of the fog. The pressure was really good and to add on, the water was chilled. We got ourselves soaked in the water for more than hour or two.Then we moved on to the BhushiDam, but didn't enjoyed that place as it was very crowded as if a procession was in place. It was late noon, and we all were started to get hungry, thanks to all the 'masti' which we did.

Now to find a place for a good decent lunch for 14 guys and on a weekend in Lonavala, itself is a task. But we finally managed to find place in RamaKrishna. To the amazement KV paid for the lunch.

We all bought some Chikkis and left the place, I reached back home by 6:30, took some rest and again went to play badminton at night, and had a good game. Meanwhile, S called up regularly the whole day.

Sunday was a lazy one, exactly the way how I wanted to. Got up early, downloaded few songs, did some chatting with bhai, read the book, watched TV, then again chatted, TV, book etc..etc..

I am excited for the coming week, that's because I will be completing my 3 years in HSBC, so looking forward for the same.

Cheers,
Anup

1 comment:

  1. Lonavala.... the best place to be during rainy season if you are in Pune.... and if u do not visit to lonavala... its really bad.... i have been many time and had many stories to share....

    And the best is to have chai and bhutta in Lonavala.... i miss that place....

    Cheers bro

    ReplyDelete